The project is implemented according to the principles of a Design&Build contract. Located in Riga, Bolderaja, Spilves meadows area.
Prior to the development of the construction project, the Geology Department of JSC "Ceļuprojekts" carried out extensive geotechnical investigations campaign. The geological structure of the site is characterised as complex, variable and with widespread distribution of weak soils both in depth and area. High water table at depths of 0,5 -1,5 m from the surface. The investigation works took place between March and September 2013. Works included geotechnical drilling at 28 points at depths of 8 to 36 m, for a total length of 418 m, and static probing at 119 points at depths of 5 to 38 m, for a total length of 1267 m. The drilling operations were carried out using URB-2A2 and URB-2.5A drilling rigs. Static probing was carried out using a Geotech 220-4 multi-purpose probing rig (20 ton pressure capacity).
The following parts of the construction project were developed:
- Architectural part:
- General layout, federated plans of utilities
- Building of central control station with rooms for staff and service
- Heating station with technical and staff rooms
- Fire pumping station with artesian borehole, including technical room and staff room
- Artesian well building
- Boiler house
- Transformer substation building
- Radio mast H=28m
- Infrastructure structures:
- Structure No.1 - Station "Bolderāja 2" Hapaka ditch bridges - eight ribbed reinforced concrete beam railway bridges with a span length of 7.5 m, one ribbed reinforced concrete beam road bridge with a span length of 7.5 m on monolithic reinforced concrete driven pile piers
- Structure No.2 - Hapaka Ditch Culvert under Connecting Road - two 22 m long corrugated steel culverts with a total cross-sectional area of 9.05 m2
- Structure No.3 - Railway overpass over Daugavgrīva road – three-span overpass on monolithic reinforced concrete driven pile piers with spans 16,5+23,6+16,5, side spans made of ribbed reinforced concrete beams, middle span - steel beam, total length of overpass 63.85 m
- Structure No.4 - Railway overpass over the access road of SIA "Latvijas propāna gāze" – reinforced concrete overpass of individual construction with frame structure and monolithic reinforced concrete retaining walls on driven piles, span length 14.4 m
- Structure No.5 - Bridge over Becker's Ditch and new street to be built - four-span bridge on monolithic reinforced concrete driven pile supports with span scheme 16.5+16.5+34.2+16.5, 16.5 m spans ribbed reinforced concrete beams, 34.2 m span-steel beam, total length 91 m
- The road section includes 3.1 km of roads and streets with traffic organization equipment and level crossing solutions, as well as a car park for 38 cars. The project includes redesign and re-approval works for the previously designed project "Reconstruction of the Zilā Street and design of a new street along the Becker Ditch in Riga"
- Design of embankment solutions, including soil consolidation solutions using soil embankment loading, vertical drainage and sand piling solutions
- Five receiving and dispatch tracks, three sorting tracks, one extraction track and a connecting track to Krievu sala have been constructed in the area of Bolderāja 2 station. The total track length is 11.3 km
- Within the drainage part, hydrological calculations have been carried out for the Spilve polder, the Hapaka ditch culvert, the Lāčupīte and the Beķera ditch, and the design water levels in the Hapaka ditch culvert area have been determined. Reconstruction and new construction works of drainage networks have been carried out in the following amounts: 1.5 km of open channel, 2.2 km of closed drainage
- Internal, external networks for electricity supply, lighting and low-voltage currents
- Water supply, sewerage and storm sewerage internal, external networks, including relocation of pressure sewer Dn1400
- Heating, ventilation and air-conditioning , design of the boiler house with local gas supply.
VIDEO (EN) https://youtu.be/gE9exO2omRM