The technical project of the 2nd stage of the Daugava South Bridge has been developed with the aim to create the South Bridge access road as a high-speed street and to create a multi-level interchange at the intersection of major arterial roads of Riga - Lubānas, Krustpils, Dārzciema and Piedrujas Streets. The design of the road route assumes a speed of Vpr = 80 km/h.
Total length of carriageways - 3859 m.
Three-level interchange flyover markings:
- E1: Lubānas Street - Slāvu Road overpass direction (in the rotary circle area on the third level); opposing carriageways separated on separate structures
- E1C: ramp for access from the roundabout to the Slāvu overpass
- E1E: ramp for exit from the Slāvu Road overpass to the rotary roundabout
- E2: ramp for the direction Piedrujas Street - Slāvu Road overpass
- E3: Piedrujas Street - Krustpils Street direction (at the second level of the rotary circle area); the opposing carriageways are separated on separate structures
- E12: ramp for the direction Slāvu Road overpass - Piedrujas Street.
|Artificial structure designation||Carriageway parameters||Sidewalk area m2|
|Lenght, m||Number of lanes||Width, m||Area, m2|
|E1||Right side||769||2; 3||8.5 – 12.0||15702|
|Left side||765||2; 3||8.5 – 12.0|
|E2||326||1||7.0 – 8.0||2404|
|E3||Right side||532||2; 3||8.5 – 12.0||10869|
|Left side||531||2; 3||8.5 – 12.0|
|Slāvu Road overpass||Right side||197||4||15.5||3054||690|
Noise barriers are installed on overpasses near residential buildings for about 1700 m.
Project manager J.M.Leikarts